Welcome to SMUS Camps
Why we love it
Good to know
SMUS delivers exceptional overnight summer camps designed for youth aged 13-16 on our beautiful campus in Victoria, BC.
In summer 2024 we are offering the following camps:
- Video Game Development
- Ethical Hackers
Guided by our principle to 'learn, discover, create,' our camps provide teens with the opportunity to acquire new skills, discover their passions, and make new friends from around the world. Each day is filled with immersive learning experiences, accompanied by evenings of exciting on and off-campus.
SMUS Camps is known for consistently delivering high-quality programming in a safe, nurturing environment where campers can be their authentic selves. Our dedicated team of educators, coaches, and house parents encourage our campers to grow and develop their independence while experiencing a taste of life away from home.
Situated on 19 park-like acres in Victoria, British Columbia, the modern facilities at St. Michaels University School provide the ideal setting for our summer boarding camps.
You will experience:
• Welcoming, safe and inclusion environment
• Gender-separate houses
• Friendly and highly qualified house parents provide 24 hour supervision
• Two students per room with toilet and shower
• Bed lines, blanket, pillow and towels are provided.
• Fully furnished rooms with twin beds, desks, chairs, and bookshelves
• Common rooms for a comfortable social space
• Weekly laundry service
• WiFi is accessible in each room and common area
The Food Services at SMUS carefully plans each meal to ensure that there is a wide variety of nutritious food choices that are essential for a healthy body and an alert brain. Most dietary restrictions are easily accommodated.
Our boarding programs include fun daily on-campus activities and excursions to create a shared common experience with new friends outside of their program of interest. These activities will be customized for each program and will include Canadian students for international students to interact with.
Our Rising Leaders Camp is a unique opportunity for youth ages 13–16 years old, to develop their leadership and communication skills in English. Through a combination of workshops, activities, service projects, and real-life practices, students will learn what it means to be a strong and ethical leader in today’s world.
Our Rising Leaders will:
• Deepen their understanding of themselves and their values.
• Learn what it means to be a compassionate leader in their community.
• Understand the importance of boundaries, conflict resolution, and relationship building.
• Develop a better sense of self-awareness and self-confidence.
• Strengthen their skills in critical thinking, collaboration, and communication.