Hidden Valley Camp
|Year of foundation||1948|
|Number of students||250|
|Teacher student ratio||1 / 3.5|
|Duration||2 to 8 weeks|
|Months Running||July, August|
For over 65 years, Hidden Valley Camp (HVC) has been a leader in progressive international sleepaway camping, featuring the finest in visual and performing arts and exciting outdoor adventures. Among our hallmarks…
• Campers choose from visual arts, theater and music, horseback riding, llamas (yes, llamas!), culinary arts, ropes course, many land and water sports, and more.
• Individualized attention to all campers in a structured, relaxed atmosphere.
• Private lake and heated pool on 350 acres near the Maine coast.
• Staff arrive two weeks early for professional training in all aspects of a child’s camp experience.
• Delicious food choices and support for allergies.
• Peter and Meg Kassen, directors/owners of Hidden Valley since 1988, live at camp year round.
ActivitiesVisual arts - Pottery, stained glass, woodworking, glass blowing, photo and more. Water sports in our lake and heated pool. Performing arts - musicals, theater productions, modern dance, hip hop, tap, ballet and more, rock band and other music options. Horseriding and farm animal care including llamas and alpacas. Outdoor opportunities such as our ropes course, mountain biking, archery, soccer, basketball and more, all on our 350 acres. Other adventures including culinary arts, community service and more!
In a world that feels increasingly less so, you work tirelessly to create and maintain a community where people feel safe, respected, and valued. What’s more, you send individuals back into the world- their elementary schools, their junior highs, their colleges, their places of work- prepared with skills and experiences to share those feelings with others. Thanks!! Keep up the hard work!